Fiji’s international airport is situated in the town of Nadi, on Viti Levu. Access to Sau Bay Fiji Retreat – off TAVEUNI requires an additional but short transfer by air and sea. A short scenic flight to either TAVEUNI or Savusavu; serviced by Fiji Link, Northern Air or Island Hoppers, with regular flights from Nadi and Suva; the two major international airports in Fiji. Flight time of approximately 90-minutes from Nadi or 60-minutes from Suva. TAVEUNI is the preferred airport as we are just 40 minutes away by road and boat.
Domestic flights offer an opportunity to view the majestic islands of Fiji, and the extensive coral reef systems that surround them. You may want to have your camera handy for a few aerial photos.
Once you’ve made your reservation email us with your flight arrival and departure details for Taveuni or Savusavu.
There are no roads leading to our remote Bay; access by boat from either the jetty at Natuvu or the jetty on Taveuni.
From Taveuni we arrange a local taxi to meet you for the 10 minute drive to the wharf for your boat transfer to the resort (20 minutes).
From Savusavu we arrange a local taxi to meet you for the 1 hour car ride on the scenic ‘Hibiscus Highway’ followed by a 20 minute boat ride to the resort. You may choose to arrive and depart from different airports.
Direct flights available on the following airlines
- Fiji Airways/Qantas (Oneworld) – direct flights from Hong Kong, Japan, Los Angeles ,Hawaii, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne,Adelaide & New Zealand
- Virgin Australia – daily flights from Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne.
- Jetstar – three flights a week from the Gold Coast & Melbourne
- Air New Zealand (Star Alliance) – daily flights from Auckland
- Korean Air (Skyteam) –From Seoul on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays
- Aircalin – From Noumea